First, I have to say that I am amazed that I was nominated for this award…simply because I still cannot believe that people find my blog interesting (and because I’ve had this blog for a very, very short amount of time). But since I have been nominated, I would like to thank The Joys and Worries of an East Asian Lover for the nomination. This really makes me happy, though I find that I’m not sure exactly how to express this in my post. >.>
Anyways, I’ll continue. Before my nomination, I saw this award & other people being nominated. I viewed this from afar, thinking that there would be no way for me to be nominated-but I thought at the same time that this was such a lovely award and a way to bring bloggers together. ^.^
And now I move on. Here are the rules:
- Make a list of 11 Random Facts about yourself.
- Answer the Questions that your nominator gave.
- Nominate at least 5 more blogs for the award
- Only nominate blogs that have under 200 followers.
- Obviously let those blogs know that they’ve been nominated.
- You can’t tag back bloggers.
- Come up with at least 5 questions for your nominees.
- Post the badge on your site.
I think I’ll just begin with the rules/requirements. Thank you again!
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I enjoy a lot of other things besides K-pop. What I mean is, I feel that I’ve only recently become known as a K-pop fan, and others might not know that I enjoy rock music (metal, post-hardcore, etc.) and also Visual Kei music (Japanese rock). And that I don’t like American/main stream pop over here.
2. I’m a big time procrastinator. Seriously, I mainly only get around to doing things if there’s a deadline. Otherwise, I’ll just let time go until I absolutely want to do whatever it is that needed done.
3. I like to write. And not just blog posts (because I’m really becoming to enjoy these). I took creative writing in high school and I write for a newspaper on a forum (as well as being one of the newly appointed managers). Along with writing goes reading. ^.^
4. I really like fantasy/adventure type stuff. Included would be books like the Inheritance Cycle, Lord of the Rings, and of course Harry Potter.
5. I find it really difficult to talk about myself. Really, I’m only on number five and I have no idea what else I’m going to write for the rest of the facts about myself. I don’t find myself that interesting.
6. I like tattoos and piercings. Though I really don’t have much. I have my ears pierced (the lobes, but they’re gauged) and I have a cartilage piercing on my left ear. No tattoos.
7. I want a flower tattoo. To go along with #6, I want a tattoo of a cherry blossom somewhere. Either like a branch of blossoms or just one. I haven’t really decided yet. I never thought that I would be one to have a tattoo of a flower, but cherry blossoms are my favorite and they have a lot of meaning.
8. Although I think I’m kind of an artsy person, I like business. I really don’t think that art and business are two things that a person would be seriously into, but I am. Ever since I was little, I thought it’d be neat to own my own business (though the type of business has changed a lot). And I like art-hello, I want to go into web design. That’s still art and I’m going to be going to an art school for it. However, I don’t still want to own my own business, but I still luffles the business field. On top of web design, I like to draw.
9. I don’t like ‘normal’. This is one reason I don’t think anyone would be interested in my blog. I’ve been told I’m normal one too many times to the point where I feel that I’m too normal to actually be of any interest to anyone…and so I’ve come to despise the term normal.
10. I have a few different favorite movie series. The Mummy series (consisting of The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, and The Mummy: Return of the Dragon Emperor) are great. I love ancient Egyptian stuff (along with Greek and of course East Asian stuff) and this love started when I was little (the first movie came out in 1999) and I’ve seen them a million times. Though I don’t like the third one really at all-you can’t just go and get a new actress for one of the lead roles! Along with that series is the Pirates of the Caribbean series. I like Johnny Depp and pirates. xD And then of course, I’ve already mentioned Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
11. I LOVE chocolate. Really, my love of chocolate stuffs<3. I don’t really like white chocolate though, but I’m a big fan of milk chocolate and dark chocolate. I like sweet and not so sweet things. ^.^ And it’s just not chocolate, it can be any chocolate flavored things like brownies or a chocolate ice cream or cookies or pie or cake or anything. I love it.
Questions from the Nominator:
1. What is one sure shot thing according to you, which can help, at least, to incline other people’s interest towards your interest (K-pop, J-pop, anime, drama etc. etc.)? I think that to help other people become more interested in K-pop is to explain more to foreign people (I’m really thinking of Americans here since this is where I am/know about) that they’re not always right or the best and that there are other things that are awesome out there, even if they are different than what they’re used to.
2. You want to open a club related to East Asian culture specifically related to dramas, anime manga in your school. How will you convince your very strict principal who doesn’t believe in anything else other than studies and for him, it’s all waste of time? I would convince the principal by explaining how studying the other culture is a helpful study to understanding people and excelling internationally. I think that’d definitely work.
3. The world is about to end. What is the first thing that comes to your mind reading the sentence related to your interest and what might be the reason for that? I’ve seriously confused myself over this question, but I’ll answer it anyways. I think ‘is there a way to save the idols?’ Simply because they’re the ones working so hard and performing for all of the fans’ benefit. They deserve to be saved and hopefully be idols for a new civilization after the world ends.
4. What is that one thing you find very difficult to explain people related to your interest other than why are you interested at all? Hm…this is a hard question to answer. I find explaining to others is the difficult part. I guess it’s hard to explain what I find so different about K-pop compared to over here and how I like it so much more. And when I talk about K-pop, it all started as just the music and then it formed into a whole thing about Korean-ness and how their customs seem more respectful, etc.
5. Why did you start taking interest in your field (related to your blog)? Is there any particular reason or you just began casually and your interest just grew? First, my blog is about my learning, etc. But here I’ll talk about my interest in Korea, K-pop, and the Korean language. Even though I don’t know any other language besides English fluently, I really like languages and how different they are from each other. I like Korea because it’s unique and so much different from here. I really don’t like America all that much. And then K-pop is unlike anything else I’ve ever seen/heard/talked about. It’s amazing. I think that over time my love for these three related things just kept growing to me want to learn the language, continue to love K-pop, and move to South Korea.
My Five Questions:
1. What is the story behind starting your blog about your interest/topic?
2. What are your favorite foods or type of food?
3. Do you think that you’ll receive enough blogging experience to apply it to your life/everyday things?
4. Do you think your blog is/will be interesting to others? Why or why not?
5. What exactly is the topic you absolutely love or are interested in? Do you think you blog about it accurately? If not, do you plan to?
Bloggers I Nominate:
*So, I know this is only two people and not five…but I don’t really know many people yet to nominate. And there are others I would nominate, but they have already been nominated or the one has way too many followers to be nominated.
Ahhhh. This is such a long post and includes so many things. The Liebster Award is really quite awesome and hopefully it gets passed around to so many more people/blogs.